Thursday, October 05, 2006

Progress


Really there has been some! The vest is coming along swimmingly. Its a time consumer with the 7 st per inch thing, but its such lovely yarn who can complain?


The colour of the stripe is more pumpkiny than it looks ( I think the red rug throws it off a bit) and has the prettiest (so NOT the word Chris wants to hear I reckon) flecks in it. YUM!

Also in the mail this week:

Duh duh DUH! OMG THEY ARE HERE!!!!!! My knit picks interchangables!!

Oh my stars and garters.. these are so wonderful to work with. Like I said to Kathy they are all the best things about needles rolled up into one big ball of needle goodness. And I shall have to apologise again for the disturbing visual that caused. OMG they are the sexiest needles ever. (again sorry :P)

I have been working like a lot this past week as the wonderful Amy and Sandra were in the big TO taking a well deserved break and hand delivering the SWEATER OF DOOM. It was hella fun, but I forgot how tiring working for a living is. I know, I know.. cry me a river right? My house is a tip but eh.. when isn't it?

Now a story that I meant to tell ya'll last week but then last week ran out! We shall call this:

THE VACUUM STORY

Or how not to get your carpets clean. Ever.

Once upon a time there was a girl who had a vacuum. It was a dirty old vacuum, but really for the amount that the girl used it, it was fine. But one fine day when the dirty old vacuum was dragged out of its small pit to be used, it had enough. The head kinda exploded (SCANNERS VACUUM!) and it breathed its last. The girl packed it up in a Glad Flex Force bag (these rock big time) and sent it to the great beyond (the garbage). The girl needed a vaccum STAT so off she went with PC (price charming ok) to the vacuum wonderland that is WALMART. After fiding the vacuum of her dreams and almost fighting off the russian hordes (ok it was a Russian GUY and there was no actual fighting, maybe a slightly dirty look or two) they bring the new vacuum home. It is a DIRT DEVIL. Like a devil on the dirt. The girl happily puts the vacuum together and starts to USE IT! OMG! The dust! The Dirt! THE GROSSNESS THAT WAS HIDING IN THE CARPET! ITS HORRIBLE! Then.. then the utmost in tragic happens. The brush roll stops turning. The dirt stops being sucked. the girl is distraught! She phones the 1.800 number for help! HELP ME! She cries. The nonplussed voice on the other end replies evilly that the BELT BROKE. This is how she must change it! But WAIT! Didn't this DIRT DEVIL just come home the day before? Why yes it did. If this dirt devil can't make it though one damn day without BREAKING, why would the girl keep it? Well she didn't. Back it went and now we begin again the quest for yet another vacuum.

Le sigh. Stupid cheap belt vaccum. I bet it had cheap shoes too. !@#$%#@!

In other news::

TRAILER PARK BOYS MOVIE TOMORROW. Show your love for Canadian Cinema (oh yes.. CINEMA!) and go support the boys on their opening weekend. I am. At 3pm. GO FORTH!

3 comments:

granolagirl said...

Great case for the circulars!!

Funny vaccuum story of my own:
In my first apartment I had a vacuum. It worked great at first, and over time it basically just made lines on my carpet, and it didn't seem to suck much stuff up, but I figured it was good enough. I lived in that apartment with that vacuum for 2 years. Funny part of the story, I was so undomesticated I didn't realize I had to change the bag once in awhile!! You should have seen how full this sucker was when I finally pulled it out! So moral of the story is at least your vacuum cleaner was faulty, not your common sense!

karen said...

Oh Terra, I know all about those pesky bags. Hence me needing a BAGLESS (you can't forget about those now!) vac. I have done the same thing. hee hee. The circs are AMAZING!!!!!! Really.. just the most yum needles EVAR!

miss ewe said...

Nice looking circs. I'm jealous.

Keep us posted on the vaccuum saga. I need a new one too.