Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hush Hush Handspun Hootenanny!

Who knew I was a joiner? Not me, but here I am:





1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? Um.. maybe a year and some. But like everyday. Obsessed. I reckon I am sorta intermediate-ish.



2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? All of it. Some better than others. Can do a laceweight single but not so much a nicely balanced bulky. No art yarn though. Not my thing. :)



3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? My ladybug. She rocks the wheel world. No spindle here. Nope no sir.



4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like? I like BFL, cormo, soft merinos, bamboo, silk blends. Nothing scratchy. I am such a princess. But um yeah. Soft=GOOD. I'm not whacked about the scratchier (oh sorry... RUSTIC) fibres. I find my skin creeps a little at them and don't like mohair AT ALL. Or angora much either. Gads.. I is dull.



5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? Crown Mountain, Copper Moose and well duh.. KFB. I mean come on... I gotta pimp yo.



6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? Seacell blend!!!



7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? Um I reckon I could try to spin bulky, but naw. Boucle? Might be kinda interesting but I don't really like to knit with it so um.. nah.



8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? OH HO YES I DO. See links on sidebar pls.



9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? Ready spun although I had a great experience carding up some cormoxmerino lamb fleece and spinning it. It may be an abberation though so um ready done pls.



10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? Socks a plenty, sweater (on Rav look under bamboo you!), shawls. scarves, hats, mitts.. um.. lots.



11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? Nope all good thanks.



12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand? I love pink and purple and red, , and black and gray and oh apparently colours on teh cool side. Not so big on the warm autumny colours. Like yellow. Or orange.



13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? Spunky Eclectic and KFB superwash. In a screaming pink. DREAMY. Biased but oh well.



14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? Wet felting, needle felting. Heh. I really kept it in the family huh?



15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? Horror movies. UFC. My dogs.



16. Do you have an online wishlist? Yeah at amazon.com, oh wait, you mean you do wish lists at yarn shops? Nope.



17. Is there anything that you collect? Pullips (google if you don't know.. they are AWESOME), kid robot toys, Frank Kozik smoking figures, Hello Kitty crap. Random awesome Japanese Kawaii.



18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? Nope.. and magazines? Rue Morgue, Fangoria. Wired and the Economist. Go figure.



19. When is your birthday? May 24



20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? Sock on Reaper (TV sorry). Yeah, he's a guy. And?



21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? Chocolate might melt but I ain't fussy. I'll eat melty chocolate. I'm not at all proud. Hottish but dry. It is August you know...



22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I almost always have at *least* one bruise. I am a delicate flower you see. Or am incredibly clumsy. And a bonus! I swear. A LOT.



Favorites



favorite painting/picture(link): I like this: http://francis-bacon.cx/popes/figurewithmeat.jpg



Candy: chocolate. good chocolate. really. not that waxy stuff.. at least 50% cocoa. Or good toffee. Mm.. toffee...



Food: Pizza, cheese.



Drink: beer, lemoncello, oh.. wait! COFFEE. Good strong espresso blends. I may have a coffee problem you know.



Movie(s): The Punisher, House of 1000 Corpses, 70's Blaxplotation Horrors, Planet Terror, Ghosts of Mars (shut up), American Psycho, Steel Magnolias.



TV Show(s): Reaper, Buffy, Supernatural, The Office (both but YAY JAM), Bullshit!



Book(s): Call of Cthulu, Voyage to Arcturus, American Psycho



Guilty Pleasure(s): Hall and Oates. Jesus kill me now with that voice Darryl Hall.

1 comment:

bockstark.knits said...

I like that you call it "hello kitty crap"! LOL!

Glad to have you as part of the HHHH!