Friday, December 08, 2006

The Darkside

Oh I know it starts innocently enough.. it always does. I bought some Knitpick options, I'm sure you all remember that. My only beef with them? No 16 inch size (maybe because the needles are 5 inches long but I digress...). So when one of my cords had a wonky falling out problem, I emailed them and they sent me out a new set. OK they are still in transit, I blame Canada Post. Anyhoo I decided to tinker up my own short set with the broken cable. Meh at best they are. The needles really are too long to be a comfortable 16 inches. Oh well I pulled out my trusty Denise's. Kept knitting.



Yesterday I go into work (Oh! I work Thursdays now too!) and start looking (just looking mind you) at the 16 inch Addi's. They look a lot shorter than my Denise ones. How can that be you ask? Isn't 16 inches 16 inches? You'd think so right?



NOPE. ARGH. Now I am the proud owner of 3 pairs of 16 inch Addis. I'da bought more but we didn't have all the sizes I wanted. No surprise.. they will ALL be mine soon. Oh ho yes.. they will be mine. *





This Blue Sky Worsted is quite simply.. decadent. No real better words come to mind without making me sound a screamy fan girl. All the cameras in the house have mysteriously gone missing so I still can't show you progress.. but its only needing a sleeve and a bit. Those Addi's sure help with the sleeveage. You'll see. Soon.



Since I can't find that damn camera, I'll leave you with a picture of my favorite ornament for our wacky techno tree:





* They are a supplement ok? My Knitpicks are still the shiz, but I NEED SHORT ONES TOO OK? I DON'T WANT TO DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SIZE. omg they rok.

PS Feel better soon Morgan, Amy and Ookpik! xoxoxo!

Oh yeah.. I have an enormous disaster to talk about, but its still a little fresh. It also needs pictures to convey the full (pun there) horror of it. I felt sick for hours about it. Now its kinda funny...

4 comments:

Fibreaddict said...

thanks babycakes! I am now wondering what the disaster is!! Your sweater btw .. I can't wait to see it too.

xoxo

carmelclose said...

Nice techno ornament!! I too am now wondering what the disaster is. Is it really that awful that we need pics??? Are the sleeves all puffy and wonky???

dana said...

Hey Karen, I just found your blog via Kathy. Now we can always be friends! (said in creepy stalker voice. Yes, you may panic). Thanks for sending that yarn from m1- it will be perfect.
Take care!

Brockeim said...

String is so much more than knitting... or at least, such is my theory.

Amazon is also my hero. Is there a better place on Earth to shop?

String - 25 Uses and Beyond: Truth and Fun http://brockeim.blogspot.com/2006/12/string-25-uses-and-beyond-truth-and-fun.html